The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important to know that MRI of the brain is used to examine both soft tissues and blood vessels for damage or injury, such as a stroke.
When is an MRI scan done?
An MRI of the brain can be used to confirm or detect a variety of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
In some cases, MRI diagnosis is needed to confirm the diagnosis or to refute it.
– Acute or constant headaches.
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– there is weakness and numbness in the extremities;
– there is a deterioration of memory;
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. Thanks to the introduction of the dye, tumors and other pathological formations can be diagnosed, and their size, structure and contours can be studied in more detail.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain can be the most safest, but it is not recommended for everyone.
Also, it is worth quitting MRIs when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– Decompensated Heart Failure
– The presence of tattoos that are made from metal;
Installed crowns and braces
What is an MRI exam?
The preparation is the first step in the examination. It is important to take out all metal objects from the phone and then remove it.
After the patient is placed on the table, and a device is fixed on the head, which will send and receive radio waves. Depending on the area and whether there is contrast, MRI can take between 30-60 minutes.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
Check out about MRI of the brain have a look at the best web page