For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia and other localizations are protrusions of the disc nucleus, which appeared as a result of partial or complete rupture of the fibrous ring – the outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* Have poor genetics.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient experiences general weakness and fatigue quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
Hypertension may accompany the main symptoms.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. Along with drug therapy, the clinic’s specialists prescribe massage and physiotherapy to patients, and make individual complexes of therapeutic gymnastics. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
For details about gryzha diska go to our new resource: click