For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* Have poor genetics.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. The mobility of vertebrae in the lower part is limited.
4. Painful shots can be taken even if you are lifting very small weights off the ground in your waist.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Numbness occurs when you squeeze the brush.
4. The patient complains of headaches, flies in the eyes, tinnitus, loss of orientation in space.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Will treating intervertebral hernia without surgery relieve pain and numbness?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics” in Kiev for the treatment of intervertebral hernia without surgery uses the most advanced techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
More details about mezhpozvonochnaya gryzha see the best website: look at more info